A few facts about Real Christmas Trees
- 80% of all artificial trees are manufactured in Chinese factories and contain non-biodegradable plastics (polyvinyl chloride) and metal toxins such as lead.
- For every real tree harvested, one to three seedlings are planted in its place during the spring.
- Three are roughly 500,000 acres in production for Christmas Trees in America; this serves to protect green space and provide habit for a wild range of animal species.
- Real Trees are both renewable and recyclable; they are used for both ground cover and mulch.
- It requires 6-10 years to produce a harvestable Real Christmas tree. The top selling trees from Oregon would be the Douglass Fir, Noble Fir, and Grand Fir.
- There are in excess of 100,000 people employed (full and part-time) in the Christmas Tree Industry.
- 25-30 million Real Christmas trees are sold in the United States.
- Real Christmas Trees are grown by Farmers (a crop). There are in excess of 20,000 Christmas tree growers in the U.S.
- The average artificial tree will be used for 6-9 years at which point it will be discarded, and remain in a landfill indefinitely, as it manufactured from non-biodegradable materials.
- A single Real Tree absorbs more than one ton of CO2 over the course of its lifetime. And as an added bonus, Christmas trees also produce oxygen.
Back to Top
Quality Signature Christmas Trees Since 1990